Some people heard that they are complaining for making their own site or blog. Ah it is easy nowadays! You do not need to be a web designer to learn coding for making one your own site! why? I will give you easy tutorial and explain step by step how to build your own blog from scratch, how to start a blog until your blog is launch!
You may pay a lots of money for web agency to make your own blog and think blogging need codes! no… that is not right! Once you try you will like it as me. I have been struggling at first! lots of research and the modern technology helps me to created this site! You only need to understand which platform should you use for making one for yourself.
Set Up your Blog niche
What is blog niche? If you are beginner and don’t know what is niche, first before you know everything this is the first one you need to find out. Blog Niche is the specific of marketing on site that means you are focus with one topic or content to attract your audience/viewers/readers to interest with your site. A professional blogger usually created their blog just in one niche. For instant Travel Blogger which in specifically the topic related to travel only. It is make your readers more interest to stay and read your blog continually.
Before you start to jump to other step, this step is really important to note to your list! You need to have a plan for your niche. Make sure you think about how you will manage your niche so your blog looks professional even tho you are just a beginner. Choose one niche that you love and enjoy to write. Search engine will confused with multiple niche which is not related each other for every post. This will be hurt your blog and you won’t get traffic. Search engines is hard to configure your niche so your blog is getting nowhere.
Register Domain and Hosting
Now you are set your plan for your niche and you are ready to choose your domain and hosting. This is the second step to make your blog ready is you need to choose domain and a hosting.
Domain is the address where people easily find you. Create a domain with unique and easy to remember also related to your niche. There is so many third parties that sell domain with different prices.
Without hosting your site is not ready yet! of course! Hosting is the server where you can save all your website file and store/back up your data. If you are using wordpress org, you are definitely need a hosting provider. You can read about the different between wordpress com and wordpress org here.
Eventually if you want to use blogger for start you don’t need a hosting. You can buy domain in google and connect directly to your blogger account. Easy!
Select WP Theme
This is my favorite part! WordPress provided a lots of free template/theme that you can select based on your need. If you are on under budget, this is perfect selection for you. Choose your right theme for your beautiful blog so it will attract your audience more.
Tons of free WP Plugin, Which one?
Don’t forget to add plugin to your customization. A ton of plugin you can choose from A to Z in WP plugin. You can manage your own tools based on your theme too.
Here is an example WP plugin that you need to install before you launch your blog.
- Jetpack plugin is the toolkit for wordpress.com It is connect to your analytic. You need this plugin to run your blog/site, spam,post and free theme on this plugin. It is automatic plugin that appear on wordpress and they will suggest you to install on their dashboard on self-hosted platform.
- Elementor plugin is automatic post builder plugin. Usually come along with theme that you install. It is drag and drop system and easy to use. It’s easier for writers to create a content with this plugin compare than wit the classic editor and it looks a lot better appearance as well. You can manage your own post with your own taste by using this plugin easily.
- Addthis Plugin is share button plugin. Apparently this plugin in a must. Without sharing button your traffic won’t catching out.
- Yoast SEO plugin is free plugin to improve your SEO rank. This plugin is really great to detect how far your seo of your post or your site go. It helps you to create content with seo suggestion from it.
- WP Contact Form is contact form plugin that helps you to connect with your audience/readers to build your network.
- Askimet is plugin to redirect your spam that coming from comments, blog and etc.
Those plugin is the most people use. There are tons of free plugin you can use but you need to select the right plugin for your theme and your needs so your blog won’t running slow.
Create your first post!
Create your first post! so exited! Once you’ve done setting up everything, this is the important part make your first post! create your first post using classic editor or elementor plugin. Make an attractive post and interesting content so your audience will visit your blog continually.
Ready to Blogging!
It is time to think about what next post should you publish on your blog. You are now ready to Blogging.
That the step that you need to follow to start a blog. Once you’ve done to create your blog, please do not shy to keep in touch with me and share your blog with us.
Any helps? send us an email!